Why wait to get sick when you can prevent illness by maintaining a strong immune system. Here are some tips to lead you in the right direction:
Decrease Stress - Keep a journal; it helps to express your feelings and reading it can help you identify and confront the main stressor in your life.
Increase Sleep - Get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.
Keep Hydrated - Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day. This helps to expel toxins and germs from your body.
Regular Exercise pumps lymphatics and blood system moving antibodies to areas of the body where the bugs live.
Get Body Work - If you carry stress in your mid back and neck, this influences the area of nervous system that affects your immune system. Regular massage and chiropractic adjustments will help keep your immune system strong.
- Garlic kills bacteria - Roast for 20 minutes. It makes a yummy spread.
- B12 boosts energy while your sick by supporting healthy red blood cells.
- Vitamin C citrus drinks are great as long as there is no sugar.
- Zinc stimulates White Blood Cell production. Get your zinc by snacking on pumpkin seeds.
- Remove caffeine/alcohol from your diet which helps to decrease acidity. You can check your own pH daily with pH strips available at most health food stores.
- Raw yogurt/acidophilus/colostrums help to maintain a healthy gut.
- Say NO to white refined sugar. Invaders feed off sugary environments.
- Vitamin D - 15 minutes a day of natural sunlight stimulates the nervous system. Don't forget to wear sunscreen.
Given the proper environment, our body is designed to heal itself naturally. It's your body - so kickstart your health today!